Class 6 - The Textile Scaffold#
Global instructor: Anastasia Pistofidou
Technical textiles have various applications, among which agrotech, building, clothes, geotech, sports, healthcare. This class broadens the perspective of the techniques, processes and applications of technical textiles with references and inspiration of various disciplines. Students are asked to use textiles and fibers to create a textile scaffold or use textile as formwork for their structures.
- technical textiles overview and applications
- textile formwork
- concrete casting
- cnc milling
- Polyester resin
- Gelatine, cornstarch, agar agar
- Borax, rochelle salt, potasium sodium, alum
- polyester resin
- Lycra fabric
- wooden block
- textile hardener
- vaccum bags
- bleed fabric
- Produce small samples of textile composite. Compare and document their qualities.
- Design and create a fabric formwork to cast concrete or liquid marble into it.
- Design and create a scaffold of fibers to grow crystals on it
- Design and CNC mill a mold.
- Design and create a fabric composite deriving from a 3D mold.
- Design and create your own textile scaffold with an alternative technique of your choice.
- Students need to select 2 out of 3 techniques and create their prototypes.
Evaluation and assessment
- Check the Assessment Criteria