Location: TechWorks Amman
- 09:30-10:00 Walk-in & coffee
- 10:00-11:00 Lab Tour, welcome and Introduction
- 11:00-13:00 Introductionary Presentation
- 14:00-15:00 Lunch
- 15:00-18:30 Hands-on workshops: 3D printing textiles and Open Source Circular Fashion
- Hands-on OS Circular Fashion
We will start the journey introducing the participants to the intensive week of activities at TechWorks Fab Lab Amman.
The first hands-on activity is about Open Source Ciruclar Fashion: learning how to design and laser cut seamless reconfigurable garments using 3d modeling software, materials and techniques.
Together we will explore different laser cutting techniques applications on textiles, talking about the systems behind fashion and the textile industry and focusing on the alternative ones, such as circular fashion, agile fashion, open value chains.
During the activity, participants will design and fabricate a modular reconfigurable or seamless garment and publish their designs on OS Circular Fashion Platform, attaching the list of materials used, pictures and assembly guidelines, learning how to monitor and promote their creations in a distributed network.
The focus will be on creating modular elements, structures and connections that allow the user to change the shape of a garment, resize it or replace certain elements; the soft connection can be designed to be implemented in the assembly of a garment, being applied on the seams or it can be designed as single elements that act as construction parts of a garment.
- Hands-on 3D Printing Textiles
3D printing technology for textiles allows to customize, decorate, shape and reshape textiles and fabrics in many ways. During the activity, participants will learn how to design and 3D print rigid and flexible patterns and structures on fabrics / for fabrics / as fabrics, exploring different materials and techniques.
- Felt / Wool felt
- Second-hand fabrics
- Leather, neoprene textiles
- Cotton, lycra mesh, 2-way stretch fabrics
- PLA / TPU filaments
- Scissors, cutters
- 3D Printers FDM
- Laser Cutter C02
- Fusion 360
- Adobe Illustrator
- Rhinoceros for Windows and Mac
Suggested to bring with you:
- Notebook and personal computer with Rhinoceros installed
- Materials (leather, fabrics..) you want to try and that you are working with to experiment