Location: Petra-Wadi Rum
- 06:00 Meeting point at TechWorks
- 06:30-09:30 Trip to Petra
- 10:00-13:00 Group visit to Petra
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-16:00 Trip to the desert
- 19:00-20:00 Sunset - Desert tour
- 20:00-21:00 Bedouin Dinner
Night in the desert in the Wadi Rum
- 05:00-07:00 Sunrise, morning yoga / camel ride
- 07:00-08:30 Breakfast
- 08:30-09:00 Trip to Disi Bedouin Community in the desert
- 09:00-13:30 Bedouin Weaving Workshop, Knowledge exchange
- 13:30-14:30 Social Lunch with local community
- 15:00-19:00 Trip to Amman
- Discovering Petra and Wadi Rum
The 5th day of Bootcamp is entirely dedicated to social activities in the South of Jordan.
The bus with instructors and participants will leave early morning from Amman and will reach Petra City at around 10am. Together with locals, participants will enjoy their free time by walking between the siq discovering the red city of Nabataeans.
The ticket for accessing Petra is included in the Jordan Pass. It can be purchased at the entrance as well for 50JOD.
At 2pm, after a quick lunch, the bus will depart from the entrace of Petra to reach the desert of Wadi Rum by sunset.
A guided tour with the local Bedouins can be purchased here to admire the beauty of the canyon and its dunes during sunset.
At around 8pm, a typical Bedouin dinner will be served for all participants and instructors.
They will spend the night in the typical tents in the selected Martian - Bedouin Camp.
At around 5am the sun arises. This is the perfect moment for meditating in the silence or for enjoying a camel ride on the dunes before breakfast, scheduled from 7-8am.
At around 9am, the bus will be heading to the Disi Cooperative in the Rum area, where a community of Bedouin Women will be hosting the Fabricademy group and will lead a workshop on the traditional bedouin weaving technique using the ground loom.
- Bedouin Knowledge-Exchange Workshop
Knowledge - Exchange Workshop
After a social lunch together with the community at their location, the bus with instructors and participants will head back to Amman. The arrival time will be approx. at 7pm.
- Local materials, wool, camel hair
- DIY looms, spinning machines & tools
Suggested to bring with you:
- Notebook and personal computer with Rhinoceros and Fusion 360 installed
- Materials you want to experiment with