Accepted nodes: getting started#
Basic lab expectations#
- The “Basic Requirements” have already been met
- There is a Local Instructor present or a Remote Guru has been assigned
- If the Local Instructor is new (first year as an instructor), they are officially assigned to and being mentored by a Remote Guru.
- Local instructors will attend prep meetings each week half an hour before lecture (comprised of students and instructors) will attend lecture together from the local lab every Tuesday at 09:00 ET and recitations on Monday at 09:00 EST.
Class participation: internet access#
The Fabricademy meets as a class for lecture, homework review and other meetings via videoconference. You must have a reliable internet connection to participate. - For connectivity requirements see the Video Conferencing section. - For class meeting times see Basic Course Info section.
New lab checklist: complete these tasks prior to 1st class#
- Your lab has all the tools set up and ready for immediate student use.
- You have ordered (or are working with the Fab Foundation to order) all the necessary course materials.
- Your lab meets the Video Conferencing requirements AND your lab has “test connected” to the MCU PRIOR TO CLASS to ensure that:
- Your network can handle the bandwidth required
- You have the necessary hardware
- Understand how to mute your microphone
- We have a pleasant and trouble-free first class
- Your lab’s Local Instructor is on the instructor list. If you have not been receiving emails, you are not on the list. Contact Fabricademy Coordination
- You have clearly communicated your student’s email addresses to Fabricademy Coordination so your students have been added to the “Class” email list.
New Remote Guru Checklist: Prior to 1st Class#
Complete the “New Lab Checklist” above, PLUS You have arranged a mutually agreed upon WEEKLY MEETING TIME with your remote students to go over homework, problems, etc.